The Prevention Link Award is an advocate recognition award to recognize injured worker/disability prevention or disability rights advocates. Each year, Labour Councils present this award to individuals from across Ontario. Prevention Link has one award available for each participating Labour Council.
The wording states: “In Acknowledgement of your fight for justice and dignity for Injured Workers.” The name of the recipient would be inscribed on the award.
When a Labour Council selection committee reviews nominees, we ask that they consider the following criteria:
* The person’s position/title/role at work and/or in the community
* Time frame (number of years or time on specific contribution or issue)
* How this person has shown perseverance to the issue
* How this person has educated or increased awareness to others
* Any specific Workers Compensation or disability rights contribution
* Outcome of contribution to an individual and/or community or workplace
Prevention Link staff is available to assist Labour Councils by providing the award, assisting with candidate selection or to arrange for a guest speaker, if necessary. I trust you will encourage your council to promote the presentation of Prevention Link award at one of your upcoming recognition events.
If you plan to request an award, please contact a member of our team, as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will enable the team to arrange to have the recipient’s name inscribed on the award.